- 1 tablespoon olive oil or a few spritz of cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1¼ cups butternut squash, diced into cubes
- ½ cup risotto rice
- 2 cups low-salt vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons Almond Creamery almond milk
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- sage leaves to garnish
Add the oil to a frying pan and fry the onions, chili, and garlic until soft. Add the butternut squash and rice and stir for a minute until well coated.
Pour in a ladle of the vegetable stock and cook on a medium heat until reduced. Then add a ladle full of stock at a time until the rice absorbs it before adding more. Cook for about 25 minutes or until the risotto becomes al dente. Add more water if needed.
When the risotto is perfectly cooked, add the nutritional yeast and almond milk. Stir through and season with black pepper, to taste.