● 2 cups of all-purpose flour
● 2 cups of semolina flour
● A dash of salt
● 1 cup of water or a little more
● 3 medium sweet potatoes
● 2 chili peppers
● 85 mls of coconut milk
● 85 mls Almond Creamery Almond Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius
2. Rub the peppers with olive oil and then put the sweet potatoes and peppers on a baking sheet and into the oven.
3. Roast for about fifteen minutes.
4. Let the peppers rest for fifteen minutes in a paper bag or an air-tight container to make the skin easier to remove.
5. After that, peel the skin and remove the seeds. Mince and set aside.
6. Meanwhile, the potatoes are still in the oven.
7. During that time, combine the two flours and salt in a large bowl. Make a hole in the middle to pour water. When you mix them all pour on a floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth. Divide into two, cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest.
8. Check if the sweet potatoes are soft. If they are, remove them from the oven.
9. Leave them to cool.
10. When they are cool or at room temperature, peel their skin off, and mash them in a large bowl. Add the coconut milk and minced peppers. Stir, until it is well combined.
11. Roll one bowl of dough in a rectangular shape on a floured surface. It should be thin, but not close to tearing. Place even spoonfuls of the sweet potato filling along the dough.
12. Roll the second bowl of the dough in the same shape and size. Brush some water between the fillings, and place the second rectangle of pasta on top of it. Press to seal well.
13. Cut out the ravioli with a pasta wheel or a knife. Press all around the edges of each ravioli with a fork to be sure they are sealed properly.
14. Bring a pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Add the ravioli. Cook until they begin to float in the pot.
15. You can eat them straight out of the pot or make them crispier by roasting them additionally on olive oil in a pan. This will take about three minutes
These delicious treats can be served in different ways. You can top them with rosemary, basil, rocket salad, etc. You can also serve them with tofu cheese or some vegetable-based sauce.
If you are too lazy to prepare ravioli (we get it, there is a lot of work to it), you can simply serve the filling as a mashed potato dish.